- Make sure port 5000 is free.
- The program assumes both TCP Client and TCP Server are running on the same machine.
- Run TCP Server first.
- Run TCP Client next.
- The client is provided an option to login a current student or register a new student. All details are sentto the server and the server responds accordingly.
- When creating a new student, a student number is required and a 4 digit pin. The student number should be unique.
- When logging in a current student, a correct student number and pin should be provided.
- Successful entries are logged in the server.
- The server updates the data files (Student list and Log list) every 3 minutes. Log lists are always written in ascending order of date/time.
- To stop the server press CTRL+C on the terminal (or the stop button if using an IDE).
- To stop the client, choose the exit option.
Initial File Contents