Erlang Assignment Help
Erlang is a functional and general-purpose programming language. It is also a runtime environment and has inherent support for concurrency, distribution, and fault tolerance. Originally, Erlang was developed to be used in several large telecommunications systems. However, it has gradually sneaked its way into diverse sectors such as computer telephony, e-commerce, and banking sectors.
If you are a student aspiring to cut a niche in the field of banking, telecom, instant messaging, e-commerce, and computer telephony as well, you should probably learn Erlang. This programming language can help you build scalable, soft, real-time systems that have a higher degree of requirement. Programming Homework Help has hired top-rated online Erlang tutors to assist students with their assignments. You should remember our name every time you need Erlang assignment help.
To understand the concepts of Erlang, you must possess some basic knowledge of programming languages like Java, Python, C or C++, Ruby, etc. Also, having a working knowledge of functional programming languages like Haskell, Clojure, Scala, or OCalm is an added advantage for advanced programming or Erlang.
Brief History of Erlang
Joe Armstrong, Robert Virding and Mike Williams developed the first version of Erlang in 1986. Although originally Erlang was a proprietary language within Ericsson, it was later released as an open-source language in the year 1998. OTP product unit at Ericsson now supports and maintains Erlang along with its collection of middleware and libraries called OTP. The product is widely referred to as Erlang OTP. Take our Erlang homework help if you need a thoroughly discussed document on the history of Erlang.
According to our top-notch Erlang project help professionals, Erlang programming language is suitable for applications with the following requirements:
- One that needs to handle a large number of concurrent activities
- An application that is easily distributable over a network of computers
- An application that has a facility to make it fault-tolerant to both hardware and software errors
- Scalable applications. In other words, the application should have the ability to span across multiple servers with little or no change.
- An easily upgraded application. One that you do not need to start or stop during reconfiguration.
- Responsive applications with certain strict timeframes.
Erlang has an official website, www.erlang.org. You can visit it to check out the latest information on Erlang. However, if you have issues with your assignment, you are already at the right place, Avail of our Erlang programming assignment help and leave the rest to our experts.
You should make sure that you have a fully-functional version of Erlang running on your computer before you can start working with the programming language. This section focusses on the installation of Erlang and its subsequent configuration on your machine.
Your system should meet the following requirements before you can proceed with the installation:
- Memory – It is recommended that you have a 2GB RAM
- Disk Space – There is no minimum disk space, but you should have enough storage to store applications that will be created using Erlang.
- Operating System – Erlang is supported by a variety of operating systems including Ubuntu/Debian, Mac OS X, and Windows.
If you are unsure of your computer specifications, get our Erlang programming homework help. Our experts will handle the assignment for you.
Go to the official website of Erlang to download it. For example, if you are using a Windows, 32-bit system, click on the OTP 18.3 windows 32-bit Binary file to begin the download.
Steps for Installing Erlang
- Proceed to launch the installer you have downloaded. You should click on run after the installer starts.
- On the screen that appears, click on next. This means that you have accepted the default components that will be installed.
- Click next to accept the default installation path
- Next, create the default start menu item by accepting and clicking install.
- Click close after the installation is complete.
Once again if installing Erlang in your computer proves to be a daunting task, we recommend that you sign up for our Erlang assignment help service. Our experts are excellent developers and programmers. They can handle any assignment related to this programming language.
You need to carry out the following configuration after the installation is complete. This will ensure that Erlang starts working on your system:
If you are using a Windows operating system, your output should be: Append the String; C:\Program Files (x86)\erl7.2.1\bin to the end of the system variable PATH.
When you open your command prompt and type erl. If the Erlang was perfectly installed and configured, you should be able to get the erl command prompt.
How to install Plug-ins on popular IDE’s
Popular IDEs like Eclipse and IntelliJ also have Erlang programming language. Here is how you can get the required plug-ins in these IDE’s. The Plug-ins will provide you with more choices in working with Erlang.
Installing Erlang in Eclipse
- After opening Eclipse, click the menu item Help then choose Install New Software
- Enter https://download.erlide.org/update as the work with link, and then click add.
- You will be asked to enter the name of the plugin. You should enter the name as Erlide and then click Ok.
- The link you have provided will be scanned by Eclipse to get the required plugins. Before clicking next, you can check the plugins.
- When you click next, a dialog box showing all the components which will be installed will appear. Click on next.
- Eclipse will ask you to review the components being installed. Click on next.
- The final step is to accept the license agreement in the next dialog box and click on the finish button. The installation will start and all the components will be installed. Once it is done, you will be prompted to restart Eclipse. After Eclipse has successfully restarted, you will see Erlang as an option as well when you create a project.
We know that this process can be a hassle. Save yourself from this stress by getting our Erlang homework help service. Our experts have all these steps at their fingertips.
Installing Erlang in IntelliJ
- Fire up IntelliJ. Click on the configure button which is at the foot of the window and choose plugins.
- On the search box type Erlang. An Erlang plugin will appear on the right-hand side of the screen. Click on install.
- IntelliJ will ask you to restart the engine after the Erlang plugin has been installed.
- IntelliJ will try to create a new project when you restart the IDE. You will see the option to create an Erlang project.
Our experts are also knowledgeable about IntelliJ. They can create great projects using Erlang using this IDE. If your professor has asked you to use Intellj for your Erlang assignment, do not hesitate to take our help with Erlang homework.
General Erlang Syntax
There are a variety of symbols used in Erlang programming language.
- The hyphen gives meaning to each statement accordingly. It is often used along with the module – import and export statement.
- Erlang statements end with a Delimiter (dot).
- The slash symbol defines the number of parameters which is accepted by the function it is used along with
Our professionals can produce super quality Erlang assignment solutions that fulfill all the conventions required. Place your order with us today.
Erlang code is divided into modules. These modules are made up of a sequence of attributes and function declarations. Modules in Erlang work like the concept of a namespace used in other programming languages to separate different units of code.
How to define a module
We use a module identifier to define a module. An example of a general syntax is as follows:
The module name should be with the same as the file name but without the extension .erl. Code loading will not work correctly if this is not considered. You can buy Erlang homework if you want to submit excellent code solutions related to modules in Erlang.
The Import Statement in Erlang
It is possible to use the functionality of an existing Erlang module by using the import statement. Pay for Erlang assignment here at Programminghomeworkhelp.com if your homework is related to this.
In Erlang, keywords are reserved words. They should not be used for any different purpose other than the purpose they are intended for. Here is a list of some of the keywords in Erlang:
Our do my Erlang assignment service is offered by some of the best programmers. Find the assignment relief that you need right here.